Win Ko Khine
Win Ko is Rakhine the elder son of U Than Shwe and Daw Thaung Khin, have one younger sister.
He was born in Taung Gup Township, Rakhine State. His celebrity name in Win Ko Khaing and he is
a vocalist and a song writer. Art of music is one of their family traits, belonging to that family was
born with the passion for music. Played the Rakhine traditional flute and mandolin since he was a
Chronologically he developed his career as an artist starting in 1986
1. 1986 as a Sittwe Degree College student, he started writing songs;
2. 1991 he continued writing poetries during his student life in Rangoon Arts and Science
3. 1993 to 94 the whole year he focused composing songs for the whole album
4. 1995 one of the first series called “Thinn Kwe Kyae” (Stars Apart) was recorded and
produced, continued 6 solos album and 10 albums with other pop singers
5. 2006 High Lights: of the series called “Ta Myae The Hmar” (In One Land), one of the songs
called Ma Ha Nwe sung by Win Ko Khine in Myanmar Language accompanied with Rakhine
traditional dances was very popular and successful. This song was sung in many state high
schools to stimulate the patriotic spirit of Rakhine students
6. Ma Ha Nwe was so popular, received Star Award, Music Hero and Brilliant award from
Rakhine living in Malaysia in 2008 and 2011; Rakhine Living in Thailand in 2011 respectively
He tours around Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Japan for music festivals. He also
participated in the USA – Myanmar cultural exchange events joining the Amigo Band; and in
America Center with the Rent – Rock Opera group.
Win Ko Khaing is also deeply involved in charity and philanthropic works, help survivors of
cyclones and floods raising funds through his arts.
Win Ko Khaing strongly believes that the songs he composes can bring peace and justice,
happiness, empowerment and strength, passion and patriotism.